Friday, March 4, 2016

Quilt Fest NJ Part 1

Yesterday Rachel, Dawn and I met at Quilt Fest where we got our "quilt fix" and then some :) Here are some favorites:


  
Crazy Quilters Quilt Guild of Lehigh Valley, PA, was selling raffle tickets for this beautiful Flower Garden quilt. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!




Quintal Vases received a blue ribbon for Best Hand Workmanship. It's an original design by Becky Brown of Montpelier, VT. Machine pieced, hand applique, and hand quilted. Sat. 3/5. Oops! Becky lives in Montpelier, VA, not VT. She writes, "The signage doesn't include my information about the quilt: 18th century flower vases were my inspiration. The fingers of the vase represent each of my 5 grandchildren (4 brothers and their sister) growing and blooming." Thank you, Becky!

The next two quilts were part of the Baltimore Applique Society Exhibit, Applique's Third Golden Age




Elizabeth MacCullough Hervey circa 1848-50 was made by Kelly Kout of Bowie, MD and hand-quilted by Bellweather Drygoods. The pattern is available from the Baltimore Applique Society.



Folk Fantasy was made by 65 members of the Baltimore Applique Society as a raffle quilt in 1994-95. The patterns are from Jeana Kimball's book, Nature's Chorus. 

Best In Show


Best In Show was Silk Road Sampler by Melissa Sobotka, Richardson, TX. Inspired by a vendor's ornate pillows at an Istanbul spice bazaar. 

One Big Quilt!


 

Grand Illusion is an original design by Beth Nufer, long-arm quilted by Clem Buzick, Brookings, OR. It is a whopping 106" x 106"! 

I'll post more pics soon.

 

__________
Copyright 2016, Barbara Schaffer








9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quilt show! WOnderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding quilts, from the first to the last. I don't blame you for keeping fingers crossed re: the raffle quilt. It's a stunner!
    Thanks for sharing all these beauties from the show, Barbara.
    BTW, I'm still working on my Stars in a Time Warp. One of these days I'll finish it. I have a plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts--the applique Eagle is one of my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - lucky you to see these up close. I especially like the first few - great selections and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know when I see quilts like that in person I'm just completely blown away. They don't even look real. They're so perfectly done. What amazing needlework talent and skills these awesome Quilters have.
    Thanks for sharing these masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extraordinary appliques.....wow....
    Thank you for sharing Barbara !

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for posting photos! I love seeing the Baltimores.
    can't wait for part 2!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a surprise when a friend sent me your link and I saw my quilt Quintal Vases. Thank you for sharing all the great pictures of beautiful quilts!
    I'm from Montpelier, VIRGINIA!

    ReplyDelete